Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 17: Nuts To You



The other day, I caught a squirrel slowly eating away at two pumpkins in front of my parents' house. I thought about how, as the weather gets colder, they'll begin to store up food for the winter - particularly things like nuts. The first book that came to mind was Nuts to You! with a picture of an adorable squirrel on the front.

My boys love this book and the antics that the squirrel gets into. Another feature that I love about the book is that it identifies various plants, birds, and insects throughout the book and at the end, there is a glossary that offers factual details about squirrels.  Fun and informative - this book gets an A.

For the activity, I chose something rather simple. Instead of featuring my own pictures, I thought I'd show you the site where I first made my own - homemade peanut butter using ONE ingredient - Peanuts!

Kath Eats Real Food takes peanuts and in a matter of minutes changes it into peanut butter without any "extras." I whipped up a small batch in my baby food processor and transferred it to baby food jars for easy store - not oily and not hard, I was amazed that I could make peanut butter so quickly and easy. I never have to worry about store because this little treat never lasts long in our house. (The boys also LOVE to help make it by adding the peanuts and pushing the button as it whirs around!) 

Have you ever made homemade peanut butter using just peanuts? What would you serve with your peanut butter?

Enjoy! And Nuts to YOU!!



Samantha @ The Peanuts Gang


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading Kath Eats, even if I read sporadically. Thanks for reminding me of how easy it is to make pb at home. I've done it once, but because I had a pretty lousy processor, it took way too much oil to smooth out.

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...