Monday, May 14, 2012

Mommy Mondays: Hello Mornings!

Hi friends!

So, not gonna lie...I am not a morning person. Like, not even a little bit.

I can't even tell you how many times I've tried to get up early and do my quiet time or work out. It never lasts for long. I either feel like I'm glazing over my reading, or I make excuses about doing it later.

Working out and spending time in my bible are two of the most important things I can do in my day. They are also the most difficult for me to do, and the easiest to push down the to-do list.

I've decided that that has to change. So, I'm doing the Hello Mornings challenge at Inspired To Action.


I started following Inspired To Action a couple months ago, and it has been such a blessing. The spring session of Hello Mornings had already started, so when I saw that the summer session was open for registration, I jumped on it! The program is great. It is based on the idea of getting up for your kids, not to your kids. Creating space early in the day to get the important things done. They provide resources like bible studies and planning pages. I love the Maximize Your Mornings e-book

Today is the last day to register for Hello Mornings and get the bible studies for FREE! They will still be available after today, but for a small fee.

Today was Day 1 for me. I got up at 7:15 to do my bible study and work out. Of course, as soon as I sat down with my bible, Abbey woke up. Thankfully, Matt took care of getting breakfast for her so I could read. Love him.  By 8:30 I had spent time in the Word, and worked out! Woohoo! I am part of a group on Facebook, and tons of people are tweeting their Hello Mornings experiences too (#hellomornings)! You know how much I need accountability so I am loving that! I'm sure there will be mornings that are harder than today, but I'm so glad to have started out strong!

So...who's going to join me??

Be blessed!

Heather


4 comments:

  1. Found your blog via Pinterest and the matching cards for the toddler box. Great ideas here. I have NEVER been a morning person. I first started the Hello Mornings challenge this past Jan/Feb session and now it's a habit. I actually went to bed very late so I set my alarm for 9:30 this morning *sleep in time now* and yet woke up at 6:30! Good luck. I am on the FB group and Twitter group #hmcsm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! So excited to see you're doing this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have gotten this a few weeks ago! I am a new Mommy blogger and am surfing trying to figure this all out! I relate SO much to what you are saying. God's Word is my breath, yet, I put everything else before it. Thanks for sharing. Maybe next year I can sign up for this! I was looking for your button to post on my blog, but couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, my blog is htpp://briantics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...