Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Style

Hello friends!

I've mentioned it before, but I feel like I'm still working on defining "my style". What does it look like to be in my late 20s, and a mama, and a part-time church employee, and all of the other things that define my life?

Well, lets start at the beginning...what I know I like.

I'm a total sucker for cardigans and scarves. It's a sickness, really. If you went to look at my Style Pinterest board, you would see all sorts of different scarf/cardigan combinations.
If I had all of these things in my closet I would be such a happy camper!                                                        


I would like to get a bit more interesting with my scarves. I mean, if they're going to be a wardrobe staple, I should at least change it up a bit, right?



Another thing I would like to work on is adding more patterns into my wardrobe. I think they intimidate me a  bit because I think they're going to make me look large(er?).

Maybe some florals?



How cute is that??                                                                                                                                                  

One pattern I've been slowly adding into my wardrobe is stripes. Talk about intimidating! Aren't horizontal stripes supposed to be a no-no? 



I've typically been wearing my stripes under, you guessed it, a cardigan! I think it breaks up the pattern enough to keep me from looking wide, but still let's my use the trend.

Another thing I've been loving is taking a neutral outfit, and using shoes as a pop of color. I think it makes staple pieces so much more versatile, which is what I want! I need more bang for my little bucks!


Source: polyvore.com via Heather on Pinterest




One thing I will master this summer is the maxi dress! I love them, but every one I have tried on so far has made me look like I'm wearing a tent. I read somewhere that there is a maxi dress for every body shape, so I'm bound a determined to find one!


This is definitely a work in progress. Maybe I'll start adventuring with my wardrobe and share it with you guys. What do you think?

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything you've pictured, totally my style. Now to just spend all the money to get my closet to look like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I LOVE this! :) I'm so with you on the mom-20's-church-style thing, and this is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...