Wednesday, April 25, 2012

1LW Wednesday: Orange Conference Edition

Wondering what 1LW Wednesday is all about? Check it out here!

Hello Friends!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be writing to you from Atlanta!! I'm here for the Orange Conference, and I am thrilled! Orange publishes Christian Education and Ministry curriculum and resources, and they are all incredible. We use their Early Childhood and Elementary curriculum at church, and I love it. 


I am here specifically to follow the Special Needs Ministry track. I told you all a bit about my passion for Special Needs Ministry recently, and I am looking forward to absorbing everything I possibly can. I get the chance to connect and be intentional with other Special Needs Ministry leaders and church members from all over the country. I will also be able to show people how important it is to a church community to be intentional and reach out to families with Special Needs. Nothing like sharing your passion to get you out of bed in the morning, right?
Over the next three days I will be learning about everything from how to effectively use technology in Special Needs ministry (iPads!), to creating a safe environment for my kiddos, to how to support other churches as they create and grow their inclusive programs. The best part of it all? I get to share it with you!! I will be tweeting like crazy over the next three days! If you want to get updates you can follow me @its_alongstory. To hear even more about what others are learning, follow the hashtags #OC12 and #OC12SN (SN = Special Needs).
If you want to learn more about Orange, check out their website HERE

Be blessed!

Heather.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for your your example of kindness to others...be blessed!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    have a great conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you!


    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...