Monday, March 19, 2012

Gathered Thoughts: A Quiet Place

I was so excited to be asked to be a part of the Gathered Thoughts linky party at LoveFeast Table.
Gathered Thoughts is a box set of 365 different quotes meant to bring some inspiration to your day. Maybe you use them at the dinner table. Maybe you use them as writing prompts. It's up to you.


LoveFeast Table chose several "hosts" for this party, and each host found 9 people to pass a Thought on to. I was lucky enough to have mine sent from my dear friend Lani.
Here's what I got:

Within your heart keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go, and shelted so, may  thrive  and grow where doubt and fear are not. Oh, keep a place within your heart, for little dreams to go.
-Louise Driscoll 

I love this quote! My brain went in a million different directions when I read it. I think dreams are so important. I think that they are a gift from God. He wants us to dream big, and he wants us to lift our dreams up to Him. He wants to see us live our dreams!
Some dreams start when we're young. Some are silly (I think those are the best kind), but they're there. Some dreams we outgrow. Some dreams sit for so long that we almost forget about them. Some dreams even come true before we even know they were there!

source unknown

God has his own timing for giving us our dreams and helping us find them. The world loves to tell us that dreams are silly, and that we shouldn't bother, but I don't think that's true. We were created to be dreamers. 
I don't think we need to create that secret place in our heart for our dreams, I think it's been put there for us, full to the brim of dreams waiting to be dreamed. What we need to do, is make sure that we don't forget that that spot is there. We need to make sure that the shouts of the world don't drown out the whispers of the dreams God has given us. God's whispers are so much louder than the world, if we just stop and listen. I think that is what that secret little place is for.

Heather

3 comments:

  1. I love those sweet whispers that He sends our way in the midst of our own daily chaos!

    Love this post, my local friend! :)

    ~Samantha
    http://www.thepeanutsgang.com/2012/03/gathered-thoughts-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! Thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We need to make sure that the shouts of the world don't drown out the whispers of the dreams God has given us." So true! We love this line! ...cause when we stop to listen to that still small voice, it is louder than we think.
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Chris Ann & Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...