Wednesday, February 15, 2012

1LW Wednesday #7

Hey there it's a long story readers.
I am honored that you came back again to hear how my 1LW challenge for 2012 is going.

check out the following posts if you need to catch up:
If you want to know why i chose this word head {here} 
If you want to see what changes I have already made read {here}
If you would like to learn about some really powerful words read  {here} My most recent struggle with words {here}

During my Bible study this morning we were discussing a passage in Matthew that really convicted me.

Matthew 5:14-16  
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."


we were discussing what this looks like in our lives and i really liked how my NIV study Bible explained the ways in which we hide out light.
  1. being quiet when we should speak
  2. going along with the crowd
  3. denying the light
  4. letting sin dim our light
  5. not explaining our light to others
  6. ignoring the needs of others
 after looking over that list I was hit by how much our words can effect our light
  • by denying Christ and what he has done for us...
  • by not giving God the Glory...
  • by being proud and boastful, taking credit for great deeds...
  • not sharing the truth...
I have been contemplating all day about the areas in my life that need to shine brighter. 
For me, I need to be more bold in sharing my faith with others.
Sure on my blog and I can write about it until my fingers fall asleep, but saying it to people faces.. now that's uncomfortable.You may respond and want an immediate answer... Yikes!

I need to get over not feeling smart enough and just share what the Lord has laid on my heart. I need to share about the work he has done in my life, and present the gospel to more people. I love Jesus and want everyone else to too. But that's not going to happen if i keep covering up my light and going on my merry way.

Time to make a change...



Thanks, Chrissy!!
Alright, I want to hear from you!

First, let me clarify a few things. This linky party is meant for posts about how you are living out your One Little Word. I love all of your crafts and projects, and I'm sure you are super proud of them, but this isn't the party for those! If you're looking for somewhere to link those up, my parter-in-crime, Chrissy, has a great one on Tuesdays!
Don't know what a One Little Word is? Check out THIS post to find out more. 
Haven't picked a word yet? Go ahead! This is not a time sensitive challenge! Pick a word, write about it, and then come tell us!

Please link back to this post if you're playing along!
Grab a button:


















A text link is fine too, if you prefer that!
Be blessed!




1 comment:

  1. Such a great chunk of scripture in Matthew! I was meditating on that this week as well! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...